Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Rather Uneventful Update

So, since its been 2 weeks since my last post, I think it's time for an update.


Sunday evening my time, I faxed out the acceptance form with my credit card number. I then waited patiently up until Wednesday which would have been Thursday in Tasmania. Since I wasn't really expecting a reply over the weekend, I figured that either they would need to reply the next day, hopefully confirming that they had received my payment, or it wouldn't be until next week. So as not to bother them, I instead sent an email instead to our own coordinator, in case emails were again being sent to TRU and not directly to me.


The next day I got word that we, the prospective UTAS students, had some mail in the office from the University. That got me quite excited so I hurried over to pick it up. unfortunately it was just the same forms and information that the email had included, although there was a Welcome Guide booklet with some basic first timer info which was neat to flip through.



Elliot browsing through the UTAS Welcome Guide booklet


So anyways, no actual news as expected came over Friday or Saturaday, but my online statement for my credit card did show as having had a transaction from the University go through, which I took as GREAT news! then on Sunday evening, or end of a Monday work day in Tas, I got another email... and it made me a bit worried.
The email's subject was "Follow Up Campaign" and it starts out "Dear Student, Thank you for your interest and application to the University of Tasmania. We look forward to welcoming you to the University of Tasmania in 2011.
Blah Blah Blah or some more awesomeness about the university.
The next couple paragraphs are all "If statements":
If you have an English condition....
If you have a condition on final academic results....
If you have an Offer without any further conditions we look forward to receiving your acceptance.
Please scan and email the Degree Acceptance Form and evidence of remittance to...

If you wish to defer your program..."
However, I had none of these conditions on my form other than to pay the amount for the heath coverage. Also the form I filled was not called "Degree Acceptance Form" and I had faxed it like the form asked. So I sent them back what was hopefully a polite but questioning response, asking if I had missed something or if something was wrong. The next day I got back a response saying that they did have everything and that this email was just a mass email that seems to have confused some of us future students. Currently they are still waiting for a receipt number to send me so that my VISA can be applied for.


So thats whats new in the paper work stage...not much


Meanwhile I baked three batches of banana chocolate chip muffins from a recipe found off the internet. They turned out super yummy. The recipe is rather plain, so for the first batch I added 1/2 tsp vanilla and a handful of chocolate chips, one batch I just added the chips, and the other I added vanilla, used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, white chocolate chips instead and garnished the tops of some with walnuts. All of these turned out delicious and I definitely recommend the recipe, which is included for my mother's sake since she wanted a copy but I told her it wasn't necessary to print it.



Also...I got a little excited again and found all the supermarkets and large stores in the Hobart area. I now have links to 5 catalogues from 5 stores on my computer...so I can keep up with the deals! I have yet to apply for accommodation on campus. Since the price per week is more than I wanted I've instead joined a roommate/ house search site and am scouring the nearby neighbourhoods for a better deal I'd feel more comfortable with. Hopefully this Easy Roommate site is trustworthy and will get me some responses to the emails I've sent out.


So that kinda sums up all that has happened, or rather not as the case may be. Hopefully more news will be coming, especially now that I am FREE, from school for the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment