Sunday, December 5, 2010

Starting Fresh

So with the Southern Cross University no longer in the running, and my second choice unavailable, that left two other options for universities in Australia. (Since planning on going to Australia earlier, I never picked classes for a winter semester and decided that leaving in the winter in Canada allowed for more class options due to it being the start of the school year in Australia. Thus I really wasn't interested in going to another country since two semesters would likely mean a winter and a summer session and that meant very limited class options. Not to mention languages aren't my forté)


Charles Sturt University with campuses in Wagga Wagga or Albury-Wodonga was a university I had thought about when deciding on my top three. However I hadn't made it my third choice as it wasn't as simple to find the classes I needed. Upon reviewing it once more I came into the same difficulties finding it would be better suited for a natural resource science student than myself. My other option was the University of Tasmania. I had noticed that this university was brand new to our list of options and made it my third choice on my application due to the wide variety of classes offered. However due to it being isolated from the rest of Australia wasn't all that appealing. Faced with the decision of picking one of these two universities, or not going at all made me realize that my choices were very limited and I couldn't be as picky as I wanted.






So the University of Tasmania it was. At least I could find enough interesting and academically qualifying classes. Although, the accommodation was the priciest I had seen for Australia, not to mention the extra cost of flying to the campus in Hobart from the mainland. But as decisions needed to be made, I couldn't dwell on the circumstance too much. I selected courses and got re-approved for them and then submitted this new information towards my study abroad package. Surprise, surprise, later that same day my decision was approved...almost like they had been waiting for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment