Friday, January 14, 2011

Money Money Money! (must be funny/ in the rich man's world)

This was so exciting it warrants its own posting!

As my birthday happens to be this week, as per usual, a card from my Grandma and Uncle in England is expected. As well, as we seem to be good grandkids, my Uncle has been sending some of my Grandma's money to us. This year I was very thrilled to have been sent $100 Australian! Like us in Canada, Australians have 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 dollar bills.


Moola!


Elliot babysitting the cash

Did you know that Australian bills are made of a plastic polymer? I only recently had learned of this, and you can definitely tell they aren't made of paper or fibre like here. They also have really neat clear sections that you can pick out in the photos I've posted. These bills are obviously much harder to copy for counterfeiters, and they are more durable. Canadian bills sometime this year are also expected to be made of this same material...but I guess I'll have to wait until I come back before I can see what they'll look like.

Also exciting, for me anyway, is that a Facebook group for all the incoming international students was started by the UTAS coordinator. Discussions about where you're going, what you're taking and where you're staying among others are already full of responses. Its definitely thrilling to be able to hear and contact others who are just as excited as you. There seems to be many American students attending UTAS for the following semester, however I think most are only going to stay for one semester (and be extremely jealous of me staying for two!).

1 comment:

  1. yay, thats cool. you would go all sciencey on the bills.

    ReplyDelete