Sunday, May 22, 2011

The In-between

The semester is almost over, which is a little sad to think about since many of the international students I've befriended are heading off soon.
I still need to fill in what has happened since we came back from our Easter Trip so I'll do all that in this one post.

Since returning, Sam had an Art Show at a Skate Shop in town. He actually sold quite a few pieces on the first day as well!


Some skateboards


And some art


Some more pieces of art

Nya and another Swedish girl I'll call Emily, had a taco and movie night at my place. Nya and I went and bought all the necessary ingredients, choosing minced Kangaroo over the more expensive minced beef. Then we cooked it up at my house and watched Wall-E afterwards. It was a nice and relaxing evening before we all buckled down to do some more studying and assignments all due in the weeks to come. I think another movie/international dinner night is going to be necessary before the exams start up in a couple weeks!!

Last Sunday was Eurovision night which was also quite fun. I went to a Student Union house and gathered with a German, Australian, Irish, Spanish and two American international Students and we cheered and jeered the singers on! The Australian commentators were hilarious, and we all decided that next year we had to come back just to listen to them do the commentating again. Of course, to go along with the event, you need to download a copy of the Australian Eurovision drinking game....if only just to read the rules! If anyone didn't know, Azerbaijan won the contest this year...although the Aussies didn't seem too impressed!


The winning team

I also received a parcel from myself. There's an Australian website called Catch of the Day that advertises one deal each day. I heard about them on the news one day and since they often advertise lower prices than the supermarkets  I thought I'd check them out. Once a month they also have a "grocery run" where a bunch of household items go on sale. Last month's sale had quite a few things I thought I might want so I ended up ordering an assortment of things.  Well my parcel was delivered...and of course I happened to be in class. So the next day I walked the 20 minutes to the post-office and back to collect my large parcel. Luckily it wasn't too heavy... just a bit awkward to walk with. Anyway I made it and thoroughly enjoyed looking through the stuff I had received!

My box of goodies


Pizza crackers, two types of muffin mix, breakfast bars, licorice, coffee, laundry detergent, little packs of tissues...the list goes on!!

So other than a lot of time spent in the library completing assignments, I haven't been up to much. I'm hoping that before the semester ends I'll be able to do some more exploring around town since I still feel like I haven't done as much as I could have!

No comments:

Post a Comment