Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fiesta International

Notice to everyone thinking of attending UTas next year: Be there for Fiesta International 2012!


Drum-roll please!

I was lucky enough to know someone on the committee for this year's Fiesta, otherwise I might have missed out on a great night of entertainment and yummy food! It's a family event put on by the student's union at the university and boy was it busy!

Fiesta International is a night of great entertainment with all sorts of dances, songs and demonstrations. Tickets were $8 for uni students when pre bought and definitely worth the entertainment. I had no idea little old Hobart had so much hidden talent! A Karate demonstration, a mini budah pianist, a Japanese song, Bollywood dancers, Saudi men dancing, and two groups of drummers were just some of the talents!


Karate Demonstration


Chinese Lion Dance


Some Bollywood Moves


A Japanese Song


A Peacock Dance

Inside there were stalls selling all sorts of ethnic foods you otherwise would have trouble finding. Ethiopian, Chilean, Mexican, Japanese and so on. There was also the Saudi Arabian stall where we got a bracelet with our name written in Arabic and had our photos taken in colourfull Saudi dresses.

We held out on our hunger until about halfway through and then were treated to discounts on the food! My friend and I shared a plate from the Ethiopian stall for only $5 with about 5 different items on it-YUM! I've never had Ethiopian food but I really enjoyed the meal.

The night was definitely a success and I'm glad I attended!


1 comment:

  1. Goodness...sounds really good and your account is making me hungry. Isn't it great you found out about it!!

    ReplyDelete