Sunday, September 4, 2011

Spring Break

The last week of August was actually the start of spring break in Tasmania, regardless of the fact that Spring only starts on September 1st in Australia. My plans were to visit my relatives in Queensland again for some fun and relaxation in the much warmer sun.

However before I could relax I had quite a few things to do before leaving early on last Thursday. I decided it was necessary to do a quick move out of where I had been living. I ended up stashing my stuff as Emily's accommodation and bunking with her for about a week. I had been hoping there would be a spare room still available at her place but unfortunately there wasn't and I'll need to find a place as soon as I come back from my vacation away. After a busy week moving and packing I also had a midterm on Wednesday to study for and my bad group project was due Friday but as I wouldn't be there and my group seemed incapable of completing it themselves I would need to finish it before leaving.

It's unfortunate that my group turned out to be completely useless. The member that had previously taken the class almost never turned up except for when we sorted the sample. The other member showed up but needed more direction before doing anything. Even though he had taken the prerequisite classes, he wasn't really able to do much of the assignment and thus I ended up doing 99% of the written work. However to save other dedicated students from being the only contributing group member, I'm sending an email to the professor hoping he'll change his one mark policy in the future.

Anyway I finally arrived in Queensland late on Thursday evening and have had a wonderful week relaxing and unwinding. Some shopping, visiting parks and other towns and soaking up the lovely warm sun on the boardwalk were just some of the ways my break was spent.

The Sunshine Coast is really a great place to unwind and for many, also the place they want to live. I can see myself living there, and obviously so can many others as prices have increased greatly over the last few years. The bus system appear's much better than Hobart's and there are such a wide variety of stores for furnishing to food compared to Tasmania. Maybe in the future Tassie will be just as developed as the mainland, but right now it seems better suited as a lovely vacation away from the ever developing and quick pace of the mainland.


Come to the Sunshine Coast and the Pelicans may just put on a show


They climbed out of the water thinking the fishermen might be handing out freebies


Hoping for a bite to eat


Warm evening sun and funky looking trees

I'm back now after an early flight requiring me to wake at 4am to catch the shuttle bus to the airport. I'll give some more details on Noosa and other places visited later as I'm a bit exhausted still.  Hobart weather can't quite compare with Queensland's yet but hopefully the barren trees will start to show some signs of life soon.

On a side note it's the Australian Father's Day today as well so Happy Father's Day to my dad!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos of Noosa...the beach is so lovely and the walkways in the town look so inviting....looks like you had a lovely time...lucky to have such nice relatives!

    ReplyDelete