Saturday, October 15, 2011

Singing in Tasmania

The last days are coming and I've already had my last class! How have these last 9 months passed so quickly?

I haven't been up to too many exciting things but I have had quite a bit of fun while finishing off the last of my assignments.

I attended the UTAS choir group's (TUMS) concert a couple weekends ago. My friend was singing so she asked a couple of us to come which we happily did. There was about 15 of the most regular members giving a performance and probably only 30 of us watching in a small hall in Battery Point near the city. They did sing some good songs and I was happy to recognize some songs such as Bring Him Home from Les Misérables and Seasons of Love from RENT. After the concert we explored a part of Battery Point I hadn't been in and enjoyed the warming weather.




The Choir (my friend has the yellow scarf)


Later during a school day (!) I had a sleepover with a friend living a good 45 minute walk from the university. It was fun to hangout and relax a bit. We made some yummy food for dinner and baked a carrot cake for desert, then sat down to watch two movies. Since one of the movies was Yogi Bear, I had to share the Yogi Bear Song, making a bit of a fool of myself! :) The next day we both had the same class so we left much earlier then I'm used to, taking some extra cake for lunch.

Emily and I also were taken by the urge to buy yummy food items online (from the site I bought from earlier) and thus received a parcel of goodies in the mail. Swedish cookies and crisp breads that aren't found in regular grocery stores are what drew in Emily, but we also ended up with marshmallows for hot cocoa, cheap cookies, packs of inexpensive gum, jams, canned fruit, and other not quite necessary items.

The weather here is finally improving to shorts weather...although I'm saying this on a day where I woke up to it pouring outside! Luckily for me my exams don't start until nearly a week after the first day so I can take it easy with the studying and enjoy the great outdoors!

1 comment: