Monday, June 6, 2011

BarCelona

Just had my first of 3 exams today, so I have a bit of a break before intense studying resumes!

Although I was busy studying I did make time yesterday to go out with friends to say goodbye to Sam. He's the first of the international students I know, heading back. We met at Salamanca square and decided to try a place called BarCelona. During the nights this place is crazy busy with all the tables, even outside, full. Coming for lunch was a good idea although it was still busy on the bottom floor when we arrived, so they suggested we eat upstairs. The upstairs section is definitely the VIP area during the nights. There were lots of couches with low tables between. It also turned out that no one else came up, so we had the entire area to ourselves.
Lunch was delicious, with my choice actually coming from the 'snack' section...although I'm not sure who would only eat it for a snack!! It was definitely nice to have a break from the studying, and nice to see everyone again as it had been a while since we were all together.



Fancy seating area in the upstairs VIP loft


Just a snack! My toasted chicken sandwich with fries!!

I mentioned that I would recount my ups and downs, and I know for sure that saying goodbye to so many friends is definitely a low point! The semester has gone so quickly and I'm really glad I chose to stay for two semesters. At least now I'll have lots of connections when I get to do some more travelling.

Since I have time during the break, I am planning to go to Sydney with Nya for 5 days before she heads off for the rest of her around-the-world trip with a classmate from Sweden. From there I'm heading to Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast to visit relatives. It will be a vacation during my vacation (umm I mean school Dad...)! ;) Then it's back to my second semester at UTAS!! Until then, I made a bit of a Hobart 1st Semester Bucket list full of things I still want to do before everyone goes. I'll see how far I get on that list!

No comments:

Post a Comment